Tuesday, October 14, 2014

60IN60 Day 44 - Tues Oct 14

It's Day 44 and we're in 2 Timothy 2.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 5 - We need to strive spiritually, not sit around lazily.

Help:
- Verses 11-13 - What's each statement mean? a. "died with Him" - Part of salvation is that we in our belief participate in His spiritual death, so we "die" spiritually and are raised to newness of life; b. "deny Him" - This would be unbelievers, not believers; c. "faithless" - If we drift away from Jesus, He will draw us back.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

Your Questions:
- "Re: comments about sins down through the generations; I lived an unholy life as an example to my two children. They are adults now and neither one is saved. One is ,some might say, hopelessly addicted to meth, the other is an avowed atheist who hates all things Christian. Am I the one Christ talks about when He said it would be better for a millstone to be hung around my neck and I be thrown into the abyss than for one of these little ones to be offended. Because of my life style and the choices I made during their formative years, they have two strikes against them starting out. Since I've been born again, I have tried to just love them, pray for them and be the best example possible. But it all seems to be in vain. Please pray for them and for me." - The two biggest thoughts that come to my mind: 1. Your own life is an example of the redeeming power of God's love, so hopefully that positive example will at some point get through to them; 2. Jesus said that those that appear to be the furthest from God are often those who are most open to His grace, so don't give up hope.  As for the millstone concern, that part of your life obviously is something that would have been not to have happened, but I think the specific context of Jesus' comments has more to do with those who actively work against their faith in Jesus, rather than just a life that is generally not on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment