Tuesday, November 11, 2014

60IN60 Day 9 - Tues Nov 11

It's Day 9 and we're in Psalm 34.

Where God Spoke To Me: - Verse 18 - A word we need when we can barely make it forward.

Help:
- Verse 20 - This is a prophecy that was fulfilled at Jesus' death.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a
link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at
butcher@ymail.com.

Your Questions:
- "In Mark 6:52, "....their heart was hardened." What does this mean?" - It means that their conscience became calloused.  They were unwilling to respond to God's pull on their hearts, so their hearts gradually became calloused to what God was trying to tell them.
- "Several times in scripture there is reference to a "hardened heart". Mark 6:52 "but there heart was hardened" This sounds like the hardening was not of there own doing? What is the condition in this passage for having a hardened heart? Not trying to be judgemental but it seems there are many Christian who have "hardened hearts". I feel at time I have a "hardened heart".  Mark 6:51b "they were utterly astonished, 52 for they [z]had not gained any insight from the incident of the loaves, but [aa]their heart was hardened." - I think it's a combination of our action and God's action.  I choose to reject what God is trying to say to me or where God is trying to lead me and, in turn, God allows me to go a little further away from Him.  Additionally, in that phrase in Mark 6:52, I take that more as saying something like, "They had hardened hearts dating back to before Jesus took them under His wing and they weren't yet fully open to what He was trying to teach them."

No comments:

Post a Comment