It's Day 50 and we're in 1 Peter 3.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Nothing jumped out to me today.
- Verses 1, 5 - The word "submissive" is obviously a controversial one. Interpretations of the verses range from "this is only applicable to that day and time" to "the husband is the head of the household."
- Verse 7 - "weaker" - That refers to physical strength, not spiritual importance.
- Verse 7 - "prayers. . . hindered" - Our relationships with those around us do impact the effectiveness of our prayers.
- Verses 19-20 - This is obscure, but some possibilities: a. Might refer to the idea that between His death and resurrection, Christ preached to the already-condemned demons; b. Might refer to the idea that between His death and resurrection, Christ preached to those people who were already dead at that point.
- Verse 21 - Thankfully it clarifies the statement that "baptism saves you" by going on and saying that's a reference to the spiritual baptism we undergo.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at email@example.com.