It's Day 51 and we're in 1 Peter 4.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Nothing really jumped out to me today.
- Verse 1 - This is not saying that suffering means that we're not sinning at all, but rather that going through trials and suffering will move us closer to Christlikeness.
- Verse 6 - Most likely means "those who are now dead." That is, those who've heard the gospel and gone on to eternity.
- Verses 13-16 - We don't want suffering for the sake of suffering, but when we suffer in Christ's name, there is a sense in which it's an honor to go through that for the glory of Jesus.
- Verses 17-18 - Judgment begins with the house of God. He expects us to live to a higher standard.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at email@example.com.