Friday, April 26, 2019

60IN60 Day 54 - Fri Apr 26

It's Day 54 and we're in Luke 23.

One problem that regularly bothers me as I read is a wandering mind. A word in the text will make me think of something that I have to do that day and my mind is off to the races, leaving the Bible behind. I've found it helpful to have something near me that I can make a note on when that happens so I can write down that thing I need to do later and get back to concentrating on the reading in front of me. 

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 56 - It had to be difficult for them to obey the command to rest on the Sabbath when they wanted to go and finish the burial work.  Yet it was (a big) part of the plan.  Too often we want to go outside God's commands to "help" God get His work done.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment