Monday, March 16, 2020

60IN60 Day 15 - Mon Mar 16

It's Day 15 and we're in Hebrews 3.

We have lots of excuses for why we don't read the Bible: "I'm too busy," "I don't know where to start," "I tried it once and got confused," "I just never got around to it." I hope "60IN60" helps you to be able to overcome those excuses and experience a rewarding time in the Word. 

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 13 - One of the needs we have in our lives to stay on track spiritually is to have people to encourage us. It keeps us from getting discouraged and giving into sin. It's one of many reasons that we need to have a church family that we're active in.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

Your Comments and Questions:
- "Hebrews 2:18 - I've always wrestled in my mind with the fact that Jesus was a man and couldn't have experienced all of the trials & temptations of all of humanity: ie women's.  Compassion & sympathy yes, but............  It is something that has always bothered me.  Can you shed any light for me?" - Interesting question.  I think there is a sense in which everyone's struggles are similar and everyone's struggles are different.  For example, someone might have a struggle with envy, just like I may be tempted, but there are specifics of their situation that are different from me: perhaps they're in a third world country, perhaps they're a woman, perhaps they're a Hindu.  Certainly Jesus could not have experienced every single specific situation (because every human being that's every existed would have a slightly different experience and background), but we all are tempted to the same common human weaknesses.  Jesus obviously wasn't tempted in the former sense, but in the latter He experienced the temptations that we all go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment