It's Day 37 and we're in 1 Corinthians 11.Where God Spoke To Me:
- Nothing jumped out to me.
- Verse 1 - This seems a little bold. I think the point Paul is making is not that he is perfect and therefore a perfect example, but that he was passionately pursuing Christ (something the Corinthians were not doing) and that it would benefit them to be more like him.
- Verses 3-10, 13-15 - Is this controversial? Oh yeah. There are a few basic ways to handle these verses: 1. The core point Paul is getting at is for women to be modest and that translates to all cultures, even if the head covering doesn't; 2. This is a binding command for all women in all cultures and therefore they should be wearing head coverings; 3. This was a cultural thing relevant only to Paul's time and in no way binding on women today. My personal interpretation is #3.
- Verse 30 - "Sleep" here means that they had died.
- Verse 32 - If we get off track, the Lord will discipline us to get us back where we need to be.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at email@example.com.