Friday, February 5, 2021

60IN60 Day 33 - Fri Feb 5

It's Day 33 and we're in Matthew 13.

A tool for your reading that can be useful is a study Bible. A study Bible is just a Bible that has notes in it to help explain some of the harder passages. If you don't have one and would like me to recommend one, just let me know. I'd be happy to suggest a few good ones. 

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 23 - I want to see that abundant fruitfulness in my life.

Help:
- Verse 11-15 - This initially sounds like Jesus is trying to keep truth away from people, but that's not what it's saying.  Verse 12 is key: the one who listens openly and wants to know the truth will get more; the one listening to criticize will lose what truth they had.  Verse 15 is also important.  The word "otherwise" there doesn't "I'm keeping it from them" but "otherwise it would happen."
- Verses 31-32 - The kingdom initially looks small and unimpressive, but it'll grow into something expansive.
- Verse 33 - The kingdom starts hidden, but then shows up in influencing much.
- Verse 52 - With Jesus' teaching, people have both new truth (that He's sharing) and old truth (from the Old Testament, that's now clearer because of Jesus' words).

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment