Monday, September 12, 2022

60IN60 Day 8 - Mon Sept 12

It's Day 8 and we're in 1 Corinthians 1.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 17 - It's interesting that Paul didn't normally baptized the people who were saved in his ministry.  I'll have to give some thought to why that is.

Help:
- Verses 19-20 - This simply means that the best "wisdom" this world can come up with doesn't match up to what God has.
- Verse 26 - These were not people who had a lot to recommend them from a worldly perspective, but God still wanted them.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

Your Comments and Questions:
- "Matthew 6:2-4 ~ Hubby and I were dining out with friends, a wonderful Christian couple, when we learned that our server's husband had just passed and the funeral was in a few days.  My friend carries an amount of money that she uses to bless others when the Spirit leads her to do so.  When our server returned to the table, my friend handed her some folded bills, and said, "God told me to give you this". I don't believe she did that to seek praise for herself,  but how nice it would have been if she could have done this, say on the way to the restroom, just the two of them, instead of in front of all of us."
- "Matthew 6:16-18 ~ I was getting a haircut and took food (don't remember what) to the hairdresser. She declined and said " I'm fasting". If she had not told me, I wouldn't have noticed by her physical appearance. I don't believe she was trying to call attention to herself, but  how nice it would have been if she would have just said "no thank you" instead of telling me she was fasting."
- "Matthew 6:7-13 ~ I never did understand saying this prayer in unison in a service.  Is not this thoughtless repetition of many words ? (vs. 7). Is prayer not talking to the One who is our closest family ?  I cannot imagine saying to my husband, "How do I love thee ?  Let me count the ways !". That isn't from the heart. I also never understood people reading a prayer from paper. But some people get nervous in front of a group  Maybe reading something that you wrote down, if it came from the heart, is better than just reciting many words."

No comments:

Post a Comment