Wednesday, September 4, 2024

60IN60 Day 3 - Wed Sept 4

It's Day 3 and we are in Psalm 124.

Where God Spoke to Me:

- Verse 1 - "If the Lord had not been on our side . . ." - There are moments of my life I can look back on and wonder how differently things would have turned out if God hadn't been there to help me. It's a source of thankfulness and humility.

Help:

- Verses 2-4 - This is poetic language that Israel could not have stood in the face of the onslaught of their enemies. There are many Old Testament stories that emphasize that Israel wasn't strong enough on their own but only survived through the assistance of God on their behalf.

If you would like to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or a comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

Your Questions and Comments:

- "I thought as I read your comments this morning and you were talking about out sometimes as Christians we come to church out of obligation and it made me think about Sunday before last I got to church at the same time as the Ellis family and little Cody came running to the church and up the stairs and I thought to myself that’s the way we should all be as Christians running to the church with anticipation  to see what good things God has in store for us inside."

No comments:

Post a Comment