Tuesday, January 29, 2013

60IN60 Day 23 - Tues Jan 29


It's Day 23 and we're in Psalm 31.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verses 9-10 - Such an honest description of the grief we go through.  The Bible is honest about life.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

Where God Spoke To You:
- "This reading really spoke to me. And it's something as humans, we all fall prey to.
 
30:5 For his anger lasts only a brief moment,
and his good favor restores one’s life.
One may experience sorrow during the night,
but joy arrives in the morning.
30:6 In my self-confidence I said,
“I will never be upended.”
(From the NET bible)
 
Verse 6 clued me in to what the Psalmist was dealing with, maybe a little too much self-confidence, pride, and a big ego? I can look back over my life and see that God withdraws his protection from me when I get too full of pride and think that I can do it all on my own. I am thankful for his good favor and that he always restores. Maybe one of these days I will learn to not let sinful pride get in between God and I. :-)"

No comments:

Post a Comment