Tuesday, November 19, 2013

60IN60 Day 16 - Tues Nov 19

It's Day 16 and we're in Esther 4.

There was a problem yesterday with the 60IN60 email showing up.  Sometimes it's my fault because I've not inputted things correctly, but everything was in there right yesterday, so I'm really not sure why it didn't go out at the normal time. 

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 14 - It's such a great line: "for such a time as this."  Sometimes we find ourselves in the midst of difficulties because God has put us there to stand for what's right in such a time as this.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

Your Questions:
- "are we to assume that b/c the text refers to the women in the concubines as "virgins," the king wasn't sleeping w/ all of them? My understanding of history is a harem of concubines is definitely not virginal." -  I don't think the choice of a new queen came from a harem.  Rather, I think the king opened it to the beautiful young women from across the kingdom who were then brought in and prepared for the king to see.  So I think "virgin" is accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment