It's Day 6 and we're in Luke 6.Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verses 3-5 - This really hit me hard. How often do I say, "What that really means is. . ." and explain away a passage by making it easily fit within my theology? I need to dwell with the verses and receive them on their own terms, even if that creates some struggle.
- Verses 1-2 - This was one of the rules the Pharisees had come up with: doing something as simple as this was classified by them as "work" and therefore banned on the Sabbath.
- Verses 3-5 - Jesus reminds them that others did things that would have been "immoral" by their made-up rules.
- Verses 20-26 - This speaks to who is more likely to have insight into God and who is less likely.
- Verses 29-30 - This doesn't mean that if we're beat up we can't defend ourselves. The slapping has more to do with slapping as an insult.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.