It's Day 36 and we're in 1 Corinthians 10.Sometimes we only want to hear words of comfort from God, but we're reminded in Hebrews 4:12 that the Bible is "sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit." It's great when we get an encouraging word, but we need to be convicted too.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 31 - Do all I do for the glory of God.
- Verses 1-4 - This is Israel's history. We are being told to avoid their mistakes.
- Verses 20-21 - This has to do with people sacrificing meat to idols in Corinth. That's obviously not a problem for us today.
- Verse 23 - By "lawful" here Paul means ok before God, not legally ok. He's saying that there are things I may have freedom to do in Christ, but that may not be productive in some situations.
- Verses 32-33 - This obviously doesn't mean pleasing people by compromising the gospel. He simply means that he does his best not to unnecessarily offend people so that he can win as many as possible to Christ.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.