Wednesday, October 12, 2022

60IN60 Day 38 - Wed Oct 12

It's Day 38 and we're in 1 Corinthians 12.

Is the Bible an old dusty book? Nope - ". . . the Word of God is living and active. . ." (Hebrews 4:12). Dig into today expecting it to speak to you. 

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Nothing jumped out to me today.

Help:
- Verses 10, 28, 30 - Obviously Baptists and Pentecostals disagree on whether speaking in tongues is a gift that's available.  Baptists believe that it disappeared at the close of the apostolic era.  Pentecostals believe that it returned in the early 20th century.  I disagree with my Pentecostal brothers, but count them as my brothers in Christ and acknowledge that I have much to learn from their joy.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment