Wednesday, May 10, 2023

60IN60 Day 10 - Wed May 10

It's Day 10 and we're in 1 Kings 18.

One problem that regularly bothers me as I read is a wandering mind. A word in the text will make me think of something that I have to do that day and my mind is off to the races, leaving the Bible behind. I've found it helpful to have something near me that I can make a note on when that happens so I can write down that thing I need to do later and get back to concentrating on the reading in front of me. 

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 43 - It's odd that after that dramatic and immediate answer from God, this time he has to pray multiple times.  Sometimes God works that way.

Help:
- Verse 17 - Elijah was just bringing God's message, yet he is personally condemned for it.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment