Thursday, November 8, 2012

60IN60 Day 4 - Thurs Nov 8

It's Day 4 and we're in Matthew 18.

Remember in reading the Bible our goal is not more knowledge for the sake of knowing more Bible trivia.  Our goal is life change: allowing the Bible truth to speak to our heart and change our behavior.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verses 12-13 - Do I have that passion for the lost?

Help:
- Verses 8-9 - The point is not the mutilate yourself.  If I rip out my eye, I'm still going to be able to think lustful thoughts.  The point Jesus is making is this: do whatever it takes to get rid of sin in your life.
- Verse 10 - This is one of two verses in the Bible that seem to allude to the idea of guardian angels.
- Verses 15-17 - This is not for everyday sin, but for serious sin.
- Verses 21-35 - This is hard, but not optional.  The point: I must be willing to forgive because I've already been forgiven of more by Jesus.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you've got a comment or question, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment