Saturday, November 10, 2012

60IN60 Day 6 - Sat Nov 10

It's Day 6 and we're in Matthew 20.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 26 - Am I willing to be a servant?

Help:
- Verses 1-16 - The point Jesus is making is about being saved.  Being saved comes by grace, not by works.  Because of that, someone could be saved at age 15 and serve God for 50 years.  They will enter heaven not because of their service, but because of being saved by grace (of course, the service does impact rewards).  Someone else could be 65 years old, never served the Lord a day, but see His need for God on the last day of his life and cry out for God's grace.  God will grant that.  Does that seem a little unfair?  Kind of.  But since my salvation comes by grace, I think my attitude should be that I'm just thankful that the door was open for me at all!

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you've got a comment or question, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment