Thursday, December 27, 2012

60IN60 Day 53 - Thurs Dec 27

It's Day 53 and we're in Acts 2.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 24 - It was impossible for death to keep its hold on Him.  I like that.

Help:
- Verse 4, 6 - This was not the unknown languages that Pentecostals speak in today when they exercise the gift of tongues.  These were believers speaking in languages they did not know.  (Of course, as a Baptist, I disagree with my Pentecostal brothers and sisters on the issue of the gift of tongues.)
- Verse 44-45 - This is an amazing statement and speaks to the incredible move of the Spirit.  I don't think it's necessarily something that would work for today, nor are there additional places in the New Testament where we're called to do this specifically.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment