Wednesday, February 13, 2013

60IN60 Day 38 - Wed Feb 13

It's Day 38 and we're in Exodus 18.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verses 15-16 - He was acting like every request was his responsibility. . . and it was too much for him to handle.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

Questions You Have:
- "I have a question about the use of 'forever' in Exodus. I know some churches, esp the one I used to attend where the pastor grew up Jewish, have Passover and Rosh Hashana services to which they encourage believers to invite their Jewish friends. I'm wondering if there is anything specific in the NT addressing God's use of 'forever' regarding celebrating Passover. I realize He put a lot of emphasis on it being for the 'circumcised,' but obviously He knew both Jesus would be dying for us eventually, and that other cultures would start circumcising their babies in the future. It almost seems like we should all still be celebrating Passover. I also realized Jesus is the lamb and His blood is the blood on the doors, but again...it's the word 'forever' on which I'm stuck. Thoughts?" - There is no command in the New Testament for Christians to continue to celebrate the Jewish traditions.  There was a debate in the early church (that's recorded in Acts) about how "Jewish" the Christians needed to be and the decision was that they didn't need to keep all the traditions.  I would argue that communion is for us a continuation of the ideas put forward in the Passover - being rescued from death by the blood.


No comments:

Post a Comment