Friday, February 15, 2013

60IN60 Day 40 - Fri Feb 15

It's Day 40 and we're in Exodus 20.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 19 - So many times we want to have someone else do our talking to God for us, rather than have that personal relationship ourselves.

Help:
- Verses 5-6 - The idea that the fathers' sin brings iniquity down three or four generations is hard to understand.  The best way that I've come up with to grasp the idea is to think of it like this: I think of the statement less as God punishing and more as a statement of the way life works.  When I live my life for something other than God, my kids are going to pick up on that and, very likely, are going to live lives that reflect what I've taught them.  Therefore, my sinful life is going to reverberate down through multiple generations.  Maybe not a perfect explanation, but the best one I've come up with so far.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment