Wednesday, April 3, 2013

60IN60 Day 31 - Wed Apr 3

It's Day 31 and we're in Mark 9.

One reason to be in the Bible regularly? It helps you avoid nonsense. There are so many different ideas out there today about God. It's important that we base our image of God on who He said He is, not what other people wish He was.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 24 - How much time to I spend at that moment?

Help:
- Verses 43, 45, 47 - The point is not that we should maim ourselves.  (After all, even if I pluck out my eye, my mind can still envision the sinful image.)  The point is that we should do whatever it takes to get rid of the sin in our lives.
- Verse 49 - This is a little obscure.  It might mean that all Christians will go through suffering or it might mean that judgment is ahead for everyone.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment