Saturday, April 13, 2013

60IN60 Day 41 - Sat Apr 13

It's Day 41 and we're in Joshua 9.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 14 - We get in trouble when we don't ask God.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

Your Thoughts On Previous Chapters:
- "Not sure where I read it, I think in a comment in one of my Bibles, but the writer proposed that God ordered the Israelites to destroy everyone to purify the land of polytheistic worship before they settled there.  This kind of made sense to me because we know the Israelites often (usually) got into trouble when they commingled with their idol worshiping neighbors." - Yeah, I think that's definitely an issue in play here.  God's larger goal is the survival of Israel and, given their tendency to wander, being surrounded by pagans would make it harder.  Still, though, the amount of bloodshed seen here is hard to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment