Wednesday, April 10, 2013

60IN60 Day 38 - Wed Apr 10

It's Day 38 and we're in Mark 16.

What's the Bible say about the book you're reading today? "All Scripture is inspired by God. . ." (2 Timothy 3:16). So reading the Bible helps me know how God sees things.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 6 - That's pretty good news!

Help:
- Verses 9-20 - The earliest and best manuscripts don't have these verses, so they are probably a later addition.  That's good because I really don't want to have to explain verse 18 as authentic.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

Comments From You:


- "Most of us prefer to read the scriptures in their paper form sitting in our lap.  I know I have a strong affection for "my" Bible.  In one of my rare concessions to the internet age, however, I must admit that the link you provide to www.biblegateway.com is a tremendous resource.  Download the App!  This program will read scripture to you from your smart phone hands free while you are driving down the road.  Is that cool or what?  For me this is very productive use of otherwise down time.  Also, the "Resource" button to the right of the on-line scripture leads you directly to the works of a variety of Biblical scholars.  Reading these commentaries opens the door to additional thought and prayer.  Good stuff indeed!  Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment