Thursday, January 16, 2014

60IN60 Day 11 - Thurs Jan 16

It's Day 11 and we're in Philippians 3.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 12 - I have not arrived yet where I need to be spiritually.  I need to continue to press on.

Help:
- Verse 2 - He is referring here to teachers who were trying to direct believers back to keeping the Jewish customs.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.


Your Comments:
- Philippians 1:
Verse 6 – Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.
 
Our lives are a continuous work. When I was a small child I used to sing a song in church:
 
He’s still workin’ on me,
to make me what I ought to be.
It took him just a week to make the moon and the stars,
the sun and the earth and Jupiter and mars.
How loving and patient he must be,
cause He’s still workin’ on me.
 
Verse 18 - What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice
 
Paul knew that there were some folks who were preaching the Gospel for the wrong reasons. But Paul was happy, no matter what reasons folks had, that the Gospel was being spread. To think that some were doing it to spite an imprisoned Paul, and he knew it, and he still was happy, shows how selfless Paul really was. He was putting Christ first.
 
Verses 20-30
 
Paul knew that this life was full of suffering, much of which for him came due to his preaching Christ. Paul knew the benefits of dying in Christ. Paul knew the Philippians would also suffer persecution for Christ’s sake. Paul encouraged them to get this perspective, take a stand for Christ, and place themselves second.

No comments:

Post a Comment